Friday, April 6, 2012

Food Matters!

In the past week I came across numerous blogs raving about the two films Food Matters and Hungry for Change.  Since I had some time off work thanks to the kidney stones, I was able to watch both...and I think they were just the motivation I needed to not only keep going with eating healthy, but to realize how important it is for my body in the long term!  I have not resigned to the common thought that I will most likely have a heart attack in my 50's and be lucky to ever hit my mid-60's.  I don't feel entitled to stuff harmful food down my throat.  I feel a responsibility to this planet that gave us life.  These films educated me and helped solidify my desire to eat healthier!


 Here's a preview for Food Matters - go to www.foodmatters.tv to watch and learn more!

It's one thing to read about the pink slime in our ground beef, or the arsenic that is in our chicken breast...but somehow images from films stay with me longer.  Quotes stated by professionals will stay in my memory and randomly pop up like a song stuck in my head.  If you're the same way, I definitely recommend watching these films - don't worry, there are no grotesque images trying to sway you to become vegan.  Instead they show how we can prolong our lives and end most of our suffering simply by choosing healthier, fresh, organic options!  I have no desire to become dependant on medications as I grow older - I do believe my body can heal itself, and I'm going to join in this revolution!  I will give my body the best fighting chance I can!

Ok - stepping off my soap box for now.  Give it a watch and I hope it motivates you in the same way!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly, thank you so much for your kind words left on my blog. It was a treat to hear from you. How are you??? Proud of you for striving to be healthy and making a blog about it. Good times. :) Hopefully we can catch up soon, it's been WAY too long!!!

    ReplyDelete