Sunday, May 6, 2012

Accept my apology for this apology post

I'm the type of person who gets annoyed at bloggers who keep making apology posts.  I've already had my fair  share of posts talking about lack of motivation, falling off the wagon, or simply giving in to the temptation that a few slices of pizza offers.  Posts like that are good at times, but in the long run too many of them provide the opposite of what I'm going for.  The mentality that forms is one that finds excuses to not change and not eat/be healthy.  And that's what I've done this past month.  A whole month!

I'm happy to say that I haven't gained any weight on the scale - but my body has lost what I worked three months to gain.  The definition that started to form in my arms are long gone.  The waistline on my jeans are now too tight again (whereas a month ago I was proud that I had to keep pulling them up, even with a belt on!).  I'm also a lot more tired and get worn out easily.  I've been using that tiredness as an excuse not to blog.  I'm still working over 40 hours a week, trying to get everything together to apply for grad school in a few months, and having those serious conversations with the hubby about starting a family soon...so in my lazy state of mind, I convince myself that I have no time to write, no time to work out, no time to prepare a healthy meal, on and on!  And that's just not true!

This is the result of too many excuses - nope, ain't gonna happen!

So, here we go again.  Down the path of being healthy and allowing this blog and the community that surrounds it to hold me accountable!  Summer is here, so I have no more time for excuses!  This will be the last apology post for this blog - challenge accepted!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you well in your plans to continue your positive direction. Doesn't fat kitty look sad and uncomfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! I've actually been doing great eating this past week and find some way to exercise every day - if I can't make it to the gym, I'll take my bike out for half an hour, and if I can't do that, I'll just lift my hand weights for a few minutes. Already I'm feeling less and less like that Kitty in my post:)

    ReplyDelete