Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hollz 2, Treadmill 0

While I haven't quite conquered my nemesis the Treadmill yet, I'm getting pretty darn close!  Last time I could barely lift a hand to wipe the sweat off my brow, and was so tense that I might as well have been standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon!  Today though, I took both hands off the bar!  Woot! It first happened during the walking phase, but still, I consider that improvement!  

After a bit of walking with my arms swinging like a pro, I increased the speed to the point where I could start running and grasped the bar again without hesitation. The digital display began 'recommending' that I take my hands off of the heart-rate monitor bar.  Ha, fat chance mister Treadmill, I know you're secretly planning on my demise!  So I held on for dear life for about a quarter of a mile - when suddenly some little daredevil inside me made me take off my hands!  It was only for a few seconds, but for those few seconds I was actually running on the treadmill like a normal gym rat!  I quickly realized what I was doing and grabbed the bar again.  But that sense of pride, of taking another step to dominating the treadmill, was mine for the night!

I can't wait to see what I accomplish on my next round! Thou shalt not win, oh Treadmill of Annihilation!


No comments:

Post a Comment