Sunday, February 26, 2012

Color+Running=Fun

Well, now I have no choice - I have to actually start running outdoors, or man-up and give that treadmill a try.  Why?  Because I just registered for my first ever 5K* and I've got to get my butt in shape!  I can go a mile in my neighborhood, but with a few 'walks' during it.  That ain't gonna cut it.  I signed up with a few of my co-workers, and since they're all in much better shape than me, I'm the most likely to be lagging behind!  That's not gonna happen on my watch!

I'm actually more excited than I thought I would be at the prospect of running a race.  This is the Color Run, and it looks like the kind of race my parents would have signed up for back in the 60's!  Check out this video and you'll see what I mean:


Yep, words can't describe the colorific awesomeness of this race!  THIS is motivation to start running!  It's not till May, but I'm going to start pushing myself starting this week so that I'll be ready for the color craziness!  I'll let you know how I progress throughout these next few weeks...

*I did participate  in a Race for the Cure back in 2006, but that was all walking...so it didn't count as a 'race' in my book!

3 comments:

  1. That's great Hollz, your first ever. I remember mine was in Hawaii, a 10K along the shore line. After you finish your first, you will know you can accomplish anything! And you will know you ARE getting in better shape day by day, so the May timeframe is excellent for a test of sorts. I'll be rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!!! I AM SO IN! I don't think I've ever been so excited to run a 5k...except for the undie run. While we are talking about fun events you should definitely check that one out (I need to check the schedule to see if we can do it again!) Undie 5000
    Also this fun little "obstacle" 5k that I just KNOW you guys would be into: Zombie Race

    This is going to be a super fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo - while I like the idea of Parasomnia's first race being along the shoreline, I think the Zombie Race IS AMAZING! I think we'll have to tackle that!

    ReplyDelete