Thursday, February 16, 2012

I want a women's FITNESS magazine, not FASHION!


When you're obsessed with something, it's hard to get it out of your mind.  I've found myself thinking about fitness while at work or doing chores.  When I have free time, I'm reading blogs and online articles about health!  I can't get enough - I want to hear about scientific studies, new recipes, the best workout routines, success stories - you name it, I wanna read about it!  So I browsed through the magazine section last time I went grocery shopping, eager to find one that I could read cover to cover and subscribe to.


Side-note and props to Fitness - your cover model actually looks healthy and beautiful!

Now, I'm going to save you the rant, but believe me, there's one that's boiling deep down inside.  Every magazine that I flipped through inevitably reminded me of Cosmo.  There were tips on applying make-up, getting more shine in your hair, or the hottest fashions - and I'm talking about night-on-the-town fashions, not work-out clothing or running shoes!  I ended up picking Fitness Magazine, solely based on the fact that it was the cheapest.  I also grabbed a Men's Health for the hubby.
 
I did enjoy some of the articles and advice within Fitness Magazine, but started to get frustrated as I neared the end within an hour of reading it.  I threw it across the room and picked up the Men's Fitness instead.  It was like night and day!  Here were the tips and advice I was looking for!  OK, I admit I did skip through some pages (I do not want to sculpt my body like Spartacus), but everything seemed more relevant and had more depth.


Ignore the creepy seal-man on the cover...
 
I'm stopping there because I'm not turning this post into a review, just like I didn't want it to be a rant.  It's more of a personal preference and observation that I made.  Obviously the majority of women out there need help matching their eyeliner to their nail-polish - otherwise these magazines wouldn't sell - but I'm not one of them. 
 
Do you have any recommendations for this average girl who doesn't wear heels but wants to know how to use a Bosu Ball?  

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment