Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Have you noticed my baggy jeans?


Today, for the first time, someone noticed that I was losing weight! 

I stood staring at my co-worker after her observation of "Wow, it looks like you've lost weight!" stunned me into silence while we were chatting at the printer (we don't have a water-cooler, so we improvise). She must have took my gaping mouth for complete confusion when she followed up with "What, you mean you aren't working out or something?  Your pants are baggier."  The baggy pants statement shook me out of that deer-in-the-headlights feeling.  Yes, I am working out and eating healthy, thanks for noticing.  And no, these are not my baggy pants from 1997 - those are long gone, Missy!
 
Having someone other than the hubby comment on my weight loss made my day!  Especially since the scale has only shown about 5-7 pounds of loss, depending on the day. Even though I've already tightened my belt 1 notch for good, and my boot-cut jeans ARE getting a little baggy, to have someone notice gave me such a boost in self-esteem that I'm walkin' on sunshine!  It's finally paying off!  Bring It On!

 
No - this is not a picture of me because:
A. I'm no where near that thin yet, and B. I know how a tape measure works.

No comments:

Post a Comment